HOISTS & CRANES
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: 0086-371-5532 8269
Sheaves facilitate smooth and safe operation of overhead crane hoists. Otherwise, they can wear ropes prematurely and cause other dangerous hazards, such as binding wire rope.
1. Sheave grooves shall be smooth and free from surface defects which could cause rope damage.
2. Sheaves carrying ropes which can be momentarily unloaded shall be provided with close-fitting guards or other suitable devices to guide the rope back into the groove when the load is applied again.
3. The sheaves in the bottom block shall be equipped with close-fitting guards that will prevent ropes from becoming fouled when the block is lying on the ground with ropes loose.
4. Pockets and flanges of sheaves used with hoist chains shall be of such dimensions that the chain does not catch or bind during operation.
5. All running sheaves shall be equipped with means for lubrication. Permanently lubricated, sealed and/or shielded bearings meet this requirement.